Youtube
Twitter
Facebook

Diocese of

Hexham and Newcastle

Bishop Séamus Cunningham

St. Oswald, Gateshead

this church

Church Details:


Address
St. Oswald
High Street
Wrekenton
Gateshead
NE9 7JQ.

gateshead.stoswald@rcdhn.org.uk


Telephone
(0191) 487 6227


Fr Kevin Cummins
St Oswald's began as a Benedictine Foundation from St Joseph's Birtley in 1892. A school and presbytery were built on the same site as the Church, which opened in 1903. The Parish then covered most of Gateshead. The Benedictines left in 1959 and the Parish was handed back to the Diocese.
Here in St Oswald's we are a welcoming and friendly Parish, seeing ourselves as a worshipping Community who try to witness the Gospel to the best of our abilities and resources.